ZRB's Cyberspace - Home

Well I was a little annoyed that a single blog did not have any option to categorize what I had. I can be disorganized but not my tools. So after some work I found this hack using blog-sender and email posting. So here it is.

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India

My blogs will talk for me...

Saturday, September 10, 2005

[ZRB's Cyberspace - Health & Fitness] Why is body weight important for chiseled abs???

You might be wondering what does body weight have to do with chiseled abs. They are, but indirectly. Before that, let us see a bit of human physiology.

It seems that excess body fat is stored in three parts in the body.
1) Thighs
2) Hips
3) Belly
So what happens if you are overweight??? You belly stores a lot of fat. This fat forms a layer over your muscles - abdominal muscles. So regardless of whether you have good abdominal muscles or not, the fat layer just hides from view. So even if you had a great 6-pack it will be covered beneath the layer of fat.

Interestingly, the fat stored in your thighs and hips are not a big problem. But that which is stored in your abs, can lead to arthritis, back pain etc.

But this, if you think about it, explains why body builders are considered to be fit, even though they have bulging muscles and are highly overweight. The key thing is that it is not enough if your height and weight are proportionate (Body Mass Index [BMI] approach). You have a third component, which is your waist measurement, which is a direct measurement of harmful body fat stored in your body.

So what happens if you burn your abdominal fat? You lose weight and at the same time, your muscles start showing up. Now you know why body weight and chiseled abs are related.

So how did I go about reducing my body weight and fat??? I'll explain in my next article. :-)

--
Posted by zrb to ZRB's Cyberspace - Health & Fitness at 9/10/2005 01:03:00 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home